Tuesday, April 28, 2009

How do I know which side of the daylily root goes down in the ground?

Both sides of it looks like roots and I am uncertain which side to plant facing up. I have tried to compare it with pictures but have had no such luck figuring this out. I am new to this and don't want to ruin them by planting them in the ground incorrectly.

How do I know which side of the daylily root goes down in the ground?
I'm sorry if I sound cavalier, but just plant it. All daylilies want to do is grow. You can't screw them up. I've thrown the rhizomes over a fence into deeep woods and had them grow. I swear they'll plant themselves if you won't do it for them! This is as true of the fancy ones as of the old-fashioned tawnys.
Reply:Normally the bottom of a cluster of daylily rhyzomes will hang down and there should be at least some indication of a crown. How is it you have a daylily root in may with no top growth? It's not all wrinkly and soft is it?


No comments:

Post a Comment